All telecommunicators (T/Cs) at the Essex County Regional Communications Center (ECRECC) undergo extensive classroom training to include the following:
- Basic Telecommunicator Course (40 hours)
- Basic Fire Service Communications Course (24 hours)
- 9-1-1 Equipment Class (16 hours)
- Emergency Medical Dispatch Training (24 hours)
- CPR & AED Training (8 hours)
- Incident Command System (ICS) 100 & 700 (8 hours)
- Criminal Justice Information Systems (CJIS) Training (8 hours)
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – Ethics Training (2 hours)
- Seabrook, NH – Nuclear Power Plant Emergency Planning Zone Training (4 hours)
Each T/C performs “Ride Alongs” with member police and fire departments to learn each community.
Additionally, T/Cs undergo several weeks of on-the-job (OJT) training.